Sunday, September 14, 2008
After a long hiatus, I thought it'd be good to start blogging again.
So... a quick update.
- Passed my 6 month review at the job working at www.cybercityinc.com, and earned a raise. Getting used to the routine, though it's starting to get busy again, since many of the art gallery clients are coming back into play after the summer slowdown.
- Still training at PMAA, though the job really cut into my training time. But I still tried to make it whenever I can. There is a new schedule coming up soon that will allow me to once again train for most of the week.
- I'm looking forward to being able to drive to the academy again instead of having to have rush rides with the assistance of my mother. Many thanks to her for helping me get there to keep my training afloat.
- Speaking of the car, it's almost paid off! Maybe 7 or 8 more payments to go.
- Speaking of debt, it's been severely cut down, as I've been really aggressive with the payments. 50% of each of my paychecks goes into clearing credit cards. I've already paid off one credit card, and only have one remaining, about $3000 worth.
- Not to say I haven't been spending money at the same time. :P Recent purchases in the past 7 or 8 months include a 32-inch 720p TV that I use as a giant monitor for a new system I built. I bought Vista Ultimate like a fool, but it's not that bad an operating system actually. Also bought an Acer Aspire One to use for work.
- Also, lots of fish supplies including a 20 gallon tank. There are 6 goldfish that are flourishing and have survived well now that I have a better understanding on how to keep the water in good condition. I plan on starting a smaller 10 gallon tank full of Neon Tetras as a next project.
- Guinness is growing up fine and well... he's very adventurous, and very difficult to get back in the house once he exits.
- Chabi is also doing fine. He had a bad bout of matted fur that I had to cut off with scissors, so he looks a bit weird now, but it's growing back nice and smooth thanks to much more frequent brushings.
That's all for now...