Friday, March 16, 2007
Thursday, March 08, 2007
- Did a pre-emptive strike on the snow, with early shoveling and massive shock&awe rock salting.
- Practiced some stuff from Moyse's Tone Development through Interpretation book for relaxation
- Taught two lessons. I still hate NYSSMA.
- Sayoc Kali training! Finished a massive knife drill that must have been a sequence of at least 28 steps. It's good to be back.
- Uploaded the Chabi video in the previous post... enjoy!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
... was a good day. Quick recap.
- Worked out a bit... some jump rope, some fly presses, some lat raises and some situps.
- Worked on a transcription project... almost done! Just about 13 measures to go.
- Had a meeting with COS music director and executive director about stuff.
- Had 2 lessons tonight... they did well! I hate the NYSSMA organization. My kids are doing well despite the crap they have to deal with them.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Sigh, where to start?
- Dermatologist appointment was for Friday 10:45am. Waited until 12:45pm to be seen, 20 minutes of which was spent waiting in the actual examination room. After a quick 5 minute exam, which I'm not sure they really looked too intensely at the affected area, said it probably wasn't ringworm but eczema, and they give me two small vials of lotion, and send me off on my way. Okay, just 2 hours of life wasted... nothing bad really happened did it? Except....
- I get back to my car, and my right passenger window is smashed. GPS is stolen. So much for my X-mas present. I hope the bastards track my house and try coming over... I have a few new moves I'd just LOVE to try on them, most involving paralysis or death.
- The lessons that Friday evening were good. Thank you so much for practicing hard and putting in some geniune effort. Made my crappy Friday much smoother.
- Met up with a new friend in town, and tried Pinkberry for the first time. Had it with coconut and chocolate chip, so not exactly super healthy, and I'm not a big fan of yogurt, but it was pleasant nevertheless. Afterwards, we hung out at the 5th Ave Apple store, and discovered it truly is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. NYC truly is the city that never sleeps.
- Saturday involved a little office drama at COS... it's been a rather high drama area lately. Nothing terribly serious though, more an inconvenience than anything. A double shift of rehearsals went rather well. Later that evening, had dinner and drinks with staff members, and balance was restored for the day.
- Sunday had 6 students instead of the usual 8... two will move to Tuesday for this week. Still exhausting. One of my students STILL didn't get the assigned book yet, and I had too use Finale to quickly whip up some lesson material. Maybe at some point, I'll write my own book.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
It's a bit rough, as you can see. My left hand clearly is weaker than my right in terms of fluidity and strength. The alive hand (non-weapon hand) needs work, and is totally non-existent when I have the weapon in my left hand! I think I also need to open up a bit more during the double stick (wasn't much room to work with, but still...)
I'll keep putting stuff like this up from time to time... it really reveals a lot of things that I can't sense yet while executing the maneuvers...
I haven't posted much... been quite busy with the COS JSE season, and blacksmithing course, and the training. But rather than make a huge post, I think I'm going to try something new... just listed the things accomplished semi-daily.
- Made an appointment to see the dermatologist... Stupid ringworm rears its ugly head again. 10:45am tomorrow. Either I caught it from the training grounds, or it lay dormant and never really went away. Stress from student's parents not following my advice probably exacerbated things.
- Threw a lot of stuff away! Cleaned a lot of crap I meant to clear out.Completed my collection of series 1 and series 2 CubeWorld cubes. Yes, I know, it's a silly little toy, but it does say "Ages 8 and up". I need something to stare at and help me fall asleep while I'm grumpy from not being at the training grounds... see point #1.
- Cleaned out the poop box, but ran out of poop bags in the current cartridge... down to the last one. Reminder: get some more at PetCo. Target doesn't have them.
- Bought a firewire cable that has adapters for big and small plugs. I hope it's the last one I have to buy... stupid things keep getting swallowed up. Used said firewire cable to transfer a tape of a recent quartet appearance from last week. Google Video now has my upload of it and is processing it and taking forever. :P
- No students today... the student I would have had is doing a performance at her school talent show. Hope she does well! :)
powered by performancing firefox