Monday, March 05, 2007

My rough weekend, with a few bright spots

Sigh, where to start?

  • Dermatologist appointment was for Friday 10:45am. Waited until 12:45pm to be seen, 20 minutes of which was spent waiting in the actual examination room. After a quick 5 minute exam, which I'm not sure they really looked too intensely at the affected area, said it probably wasn't ringworm but eczema, and they give me two small vials of lotion, and send me off on my way. Okay, just 2 hours of life wasted... nothing bad really happened did it? Except....
  • I get back to my car, and my right passenger window is smashed. GPS is stolen. So much for my X-mas present. I hope the bastards track my house and try coming over... I have a few new moves I'd just LOVE to try on them, most involving paralysis or death.
  • The lessons that Friday evening were good. Thank you so much for practicing hard and putting in some geniune effort. Made my crappy Friday much smoother.
  • Met up with a new friend in town, and tried Pinkberry for the first time. Had it with coconut and chocolate chip, so not exactly super healthy, and I'm not a big fan of yogurt, but it was pleasant nevertheless. Afterwards, we hung out at the 5th Ave Apple store, and discovered it truly is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. NYC truly is the city that never sleeps.
  • Saturday involved a little office drama at COS... it's been a rather high drama area lately. Nothing terribly serious though, more an inconvenience than anything. A double shift of rehearsals went rather well. Later that evening, had dinner and drinks with staff members, and balance was restored for the day.
  • Sunday had 6 students instead of the usual 8... two will move to Tuesday for this week. Still exhausting. One of my students STILL didn't get the assigned book yet, and I had too use Finale to quickly whip up some lesson material. Maybe at some point, I'll write my own book.
All I can say is, thank goodness that was all over.

No comments: