Monday, October 27, 2008

Vacation

I'm taking my first real vacation since I began working at my new job... It was long overdue, and the relief is indeed very welcome as I now have time to do things for myself instead of others for a change. Not that there is anything wrong with service to others, but I felt I was neglecting my personal and spiritual core.

I haven't planned what to do yet... it most likely will be restricted to exploring the city on my own terms. There something about being a New Yorker, and how you can live in the city, but not really know it. Sure, you know directions to various places, how to negotiate the subways or buses... but it's like driving along the road but not smelling the roses.

I have an Unlimited Metrocard, and I plan to use it. :) Let's see what I can explore!

No comments: