Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Quest for Apotheosis

I've recently started doing my own weight-training routine. It consists mostly of a range of exercises executed almost every day, with 3 sets of 10 reps each. My equipment of choice has been a multi-position bench and a set of Bowflex Selecttech Adjustable weight dumbbells.

This is a new thing for me, probably one of those "Oh Shit I'm 30 and not so young anymore!" things... but when I graduated from high school, I weighed 118 pounds. I once was 160 lbs in my 2nd year in Indiana, but it was all fat. Now, after briefly being at 145 pounds during my last trip to China, I'm back at 160, though with considerably more muscle.

Thing is, these weights,and the martial arts, are probably a last-gasp attempt to get away from the old 118lb weakling Ken. :) I'm going to give it my all. I'll post up before and after pictures someday. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) wow. ur so ooooold now... haha jk. xanga misses you :( but i do like ur new blog.

chat soon? hope all is well. :) i miss cos! well... thats not entirely true... but u know what i mean.

~grace